- Ng Lap Seng is waiting trial on bribery charges but also faces being subpoenaed over his part in a 1996 scandal
- Ng, a billionaire from the Chinese territory of Macau, is alleged to have been a front for a communist bid to influence the 1996 elections
- Cash he funneled to a Chinese restaurant owner and friend of Bill Clinton was found to be used as illegal campaign contributions
- Ng fled the U.S. to avoid being questioned by Congress but returned an is now facing trial accused of bribing United Nations officials
- One of his co-accused has already been sentenced to 20 months and Ng could face demands for a far heavier sentence if found guilty
This is Hillary and Bill Clinton – pictured with a Chinese billionaire accused of being the front for his country’s attempt to manipulate an American election.
The couple were pictured with Ng Lap Seng at a Democratic function before he became embroiled in an investigation into illegal campaign donations to the 1996 election.
Now the scandal is threatening to return to haunt the Clinton – as Ng faces being questioned in font of Congress, something he managed to evade by fleeing the country in the late 1990s.